If you have a client who has moved to another county but has most of the same assets, you can still use the features of GA-TaxProperty to expedite the preparation of their return for their new county by copying the return from their old county. Here are the steps:
Changing the county for a Property tax return
- First roll their 2019 forward so that a 2020 return is created for their previous county (which you probably will not use)
- Go to the client’s record (File > Client Records) Do NOT change the county in the Client Master Record, yet.
- Click Returns and then click Property
- In the next screen that displays the year and county, change the county to be their new county
- Click “Yes” when you see the prompt asking if you want to copy the data into a return for the new county – a 2020 return will be created for the new county from their existing data
- Now, you can go back into the client’s Master record and change their home county as needed.